No longer available online
Help get us to Playoffs!
Rainy City Roller Derby All Stars present: ‘Unleash Your Beast!’ A bootcamp designed to bring your minimum skills up to game level play and strategy.
Coached by Rainy City Roller Derby All Stars favourites Liz Is How We Do It, Fayetal Blonde, Hydra and GoGo Chanel this bootcamp is a fundraiser to send our All Stars to Division 1 Playoffs in Columbia, South Carolina in September.
Bootcamp Level: This bootcamp is for female skaters who have recently passed WFTDA minimum skills, and have less than 3 games experience.
Registration is from 11:30am. You WILL NOT be able to use the track until 12pm due to a training session taking place beforehand.
What you will learn...
- Speed control is the most important thing when playing derby: Learn how and when to control your speed effectively when both blocking and jamming.
- Agility and footwork: Learn some tricks of the trade from our travel team jammer coaches. Jukes, leaps, fakes and spins.
- Block like you mean it: Learn the most effective blocking positions and fine tune your ability to contain someone on the track.
- Pack work: Skating in tight spaces is never easy. Learn and practice the most effective blocking and defensive formations.
- Help your team mates out: Learn the most effective offensive techniques to help your jammers score points.
- Derby Brain: We’ll keep you one step ahead of your opponents, covering the essentials of current Roller Derby strategy. Raise your track awareness levels and get your brain moving as fast as your feet.
- Scrimmage: Finish off the day with a full scrimmage to put all those skills learnt to the test!
@ the Thunderdome
Our home venue is entirely run and managed by Rainy City Roller Derby and all ticket sales go directly to supporting the league. It’s easy to get to by public transport or car, just next to the Oldham tram stop, or off junction 20 of the M60.GET DIRECTIONS