No longer available online
Tell your friends you're coming!
Rainy City invite derby skaters-in-training to The Thunderdome in October for a special beginners bootcamp!
In this bootcamp Rainy City skaters Lipstick Massacre, Kate Push, Ruthless Philly and Hevi Metal will help you work on everything you need to prepare for your WFTDA minimum skills assessment.
What you will learn...
- Basic skating skills and derby stance
- T-stops and plow stops with form
- Transitioning both ways and derby stops
- Single and double knee falls
- Speed, endurance and nailing 27 laps in 5 mins
- Stepping and jumping
- Giving and receiving whips and pushes
- Pacing, weaving and avoiding obstacles
- Effective blocking and counter-blocking
… And much more!
Beginner (pre-mins) – focussing on WFTDA minimum skills. Ideally you will have been skating with your league for at least 6 weeks.
This event is open to male and female skaters.
Post-mins skaters are also welcome – it’s a great way to brush up your basics with 5 hours practise and tuition!
What you need to bring...
Please bring a packed lunch and a drink, and wear comfortable, layered clothing. We have skates and safety gear available to borrow if you need it for no extra charge.
@ the Thunderdome
Our home venue is entirely run and managed by Rainy City Roller Derby and all ticket sales go directly to supporting the league. It’s easy to get to by public transport or car, just next to the Oldham tram stop, or off junction 20 of the M60.GET DIRECTIONS