Pre-Minimum Skills April Bootcamp
10:30am - 4:00pm on Sun 21st Apr - At the Thunderdome
Tell your friends you're coming!
Rainy City invite derby skaters-in-training to The Thunderdome in April for a special beginner’s bootcamp!
In this bootcamp Rainy City All-Star skaters Rollo Tomasi, Ella Diablo and Slamazon will help you work on everything you need to prepare for your WFTDA Minimum Skills Assessment.
What you will learn...
- Basic skating skills and derby stance
- T-stops and plow stops with form
- Transitioning both ways and derby stops
- Single knee taps and double knee falls
- Speed, endurance and nailing 27 laps in 5 mins
- Stepping and jumping
- Giving and receiving whips and pushes
- Pacing, weaving and avoiding obstacles
- Effective blocking and counter-blocking
…And much more!
Beginner (pre-mins) – focussing on WFTDA minimum skills. Ideally you will have been skating with your league for at least 6 weeks.
This event is open to all genders.
Post-mins skaters are also welcome – it’s a great way to brush up your basics with 5 hours practise and tuition!
What you need to bring...
- Mouth guard/gumshield
- Packed lunch and a drink (you can refill you water bottles from the taps in the toilets)
- Wear comfortable, layered clothing
- Don’t forget your gear! Although we do have skates and pads available for you to borrow if you need to.
@ the Thunderdome
Our home venue is entirely run and managed by Rainy City Roller Derby and all ticket sales go directly to supporting the league. It’s easy to get to by public transport or car, just next to the Oldham tram stop, or off junction 20 of the M60.GET DIRECTIONS