No longer available online
Give your friends FOMO!
Join Missy Rascal for a lesson in artistic skating to improve your fancy footwork skills!
This day will be broken down into two lessons of increasing ability: Level One and Level Two.
If you have attended the Level One lesson before and you feel comfortable in your ability, you can just book straight on to Level 2. If you’d like a recap of the moves you’ve already learnt then you can book onto both lessons instead.
If you haven’t been to a lesson before then please sign up to Level One to get the grounding on the moves, but you can book on to both lessons in one day so that you can progress straight through to Level Two if you like. You will need time to practice all of the moves after the day is over, but you will have a really good amount of time to receive feedback and learn the fundamentals of the moves during the day.
- One footed transitions – knowing where your weight should be for a smooth transition. We will also look at how to stay strong in this position if you are being blocked.
- Jumps – you will learn a 3 jump and a toe loop, including how to link these together to make an impressive combination jump.
- Spins – there are a number of different one footed spins in artistic skating. They are all about manipulating a sharp edge. You will learn to break this down and the goal is to nail one rotation on one foot by the end of the session.
- A recap and fine tuning of what you have learnt in Level One.
- Jumps – You will learn to progress to more advanced jumps such as salchow, flip and loop jump.
- Spins – You will learn 2 more types of one footed spins including how to link two together.
- This session will allow for time to practice the moves, ask questions and receive one-to-one feedback on how to improve your technique.
Missy Rascal started artistic skating from the age of six and has been playing roller derby since 2008. She is currently an All Stars skater and coach here at Rainy City. She has also represented England in the Roller Derby World Cup twice (once in 2011 and again in 2014) and also recently made the training squad for 2017.
Missy is a qualified skate coach with a BRSF level 2 certification, so you’re in experienced hands!
@ the Thunderdome
Our home venue is entirely run and managed by Rainy City Roller Derby and all ticket sales go directly to supporting the league. It’s easy to get to by public transport or car, just next to the Oldham tram stop, or off junction 20 of the M60.GET DIRECTIONS