No longer available online
Why not share this event, tell your friends!
If you feel like your team needs to work together more intuitively and strategically, then this bootcamp is for you and your team!
Mick Swagger is a current member of Team USA and bench-coached Australia’s VRDL All Stars throughout their most successful season yet. They currently hold a game winning record of 9-1 and rank #2 in WFTDA.
This bootcamp aims to assist teams in strengthening their teamwork, by fine-tuning individual skills and bringing new strategy ideas that will work for skaters of all levels.
What you will learn as a team
- How to create strong braced walls that also move fluidly
- Fixing and strengthening your walls
- Subtle blocking movements to keep control of the Jammer
- Playing offense and defense simultaneously
- How to get lead jammer when your teammates are in the box
- How to absorb offense while maintaining a braced wall
- How to (almost) read your teammates’ minds
Other useful info
You must attend this bootcamp in groups of five, so you can immediately implement the skills and strategy you’ll be learning, getting feedback and helpful hints together. This is a co-ed bootcamp and all post-minimum skills skaters are welcome.
@ the Thunderdome
Our home venue is entirely run and managed by Rainy City Roller Derby and all ticket sales go directly to supporting the league. It’s easy to get to by public transport or car, just next to the Oldham tram stop, or off junction 20 of the M60.GET DIRECTIONS